No one ever wants to be stuck in an elevator…especially at home. Keeping your elevator maintained will help to keep it running for a long time…and will spare you repair costs down the road. That’s why we offer affordable South Jersey residential elevator maintenance to homeowners in South Jersey, the Philadelphia area and beyond.
Many residential elevators do not have emergency phones, which could be disastrous in an elevator stoppage. In addition, many residential elevators don’t run every day, which can cause failures from lack of use. With residential elevators especially, proper function is vitally important.
In addition to our 24/7 service as needed, our yearly preventive maintenance visits help take the worry out of taking care of your elevator. Your elevator’s function is vitally important to us, so we perform a 14-point check with each visit:
- Lubricate the guide rails as necessary.
- Check car and hall fixtures.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust door operator, door re-opening services, car door hangers and tracks.
- Clean and lubricate hoist way equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust hoist way door equipment, interlocks, hangers, tracks, gibs, and closing devices.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust selector and associated components.
- Clean and service elevator controller; check connections, contractions, relays, solid state components and wiring.
- Clean and check hydraulic power unit to include pump, motor, valve, assembly, hoses and belts. Monitor oil level.
- Clean and check traction machines, sheaves, deflectors, generators, and hoist ropes.
- Clean and inspect elevator pit to include exposed piping, traveling cable, packing, governors, comp sheaves, comp chains, buffers, and pit channels.
- Service, and keep up to date, state mandated machine room log.
During our visit, we’ll also examine the following:
- Safety circuits, safety features, relay, and brake assembly controller
- Cables, gate operation, sheaves, traveling cable, jack seals sheaves, limit switches, fluid level, door locks, and timing device.
- Pump/Motor Call buttons, drive lights, batteries
Our South Jersey residential elevator maintenance will ensure that your elevator will be functioning properly and that a skilled technician will be ready to respond right away to any problems. Reach out to us anytime to find out more about our maintenance services – and remember that we offer 24/7 emergency service!