South Jersey Elevator completed this Commercial Elevator Modernization in Wildwood, New Jersey on 5/6/21. This client was having multiple issues with their elevator due to the machinery being obsolete. To be more efficient, the client opted to complete an elevator modernization.
Elevator Modernization process:
▪ The jobsite is prepped to being working. The elevator is secured, and mainline power is turned off. The oil is drained out of the tank, removed, and properly disposed of.
▪ We than begin the process of stripping down the elevator car top. Things such as the Old door operator is removed, and cab ceiling are removed.
▪ From this step, the elevator controller is then disassembled and removed along with the tank unit. The machine room is then gutted of old machinery.
▪ Next, we deliver the new tank unit to the job site. From here it Is placed, and oil line is adjusted to connect to the tank.
▪ Following, the controlled is mounted. All electrical is then tied in.
▪ From here, the elevator is powered up. The elevator hoist way and equipment is then stripped.
▪ A new run cord as well as traveler wire is then ran. All wires from the Hostway to the machine room are ran as well as to the controller.
▪ Hall calls and position indicators at all landings are mounted.
▪ A new c.o.p. is then installed. All call stations are then wired in.
▪ We then move to complete the elevator doors and interior. The clatting at each landing is completed. Following this the cab interior installation is completed.
▪ One of the final steps in the door installation. At this point, we being prepping for the doors to be installed. New door track is mounted and adjustments made that are needed. New doors are hung from tracks. Door locks are installed, pickup rollers, spirator, tomahawk, and gibs. This is then completed at each floor landing.
▪ Lastly, the phone line is ran to the controller, and programmed into the elevator.
▪ Elevator is tested for normal operation. At this time any adjustments that need to be made, are completed.
▪ NJ State Inspection is then completed. Upon passing the elevator is handed over to the building for operation.