South Jersey Elevator recently installed this new commercial elevator in Cranford, New Jersey. This job was completed on 06/11/2021. This was a new construction building that needed an elevator installed to meet with state and local code requirements to be accessible to all.
Our Commercial Elevator Installation Process
▪ All necessary material for the job is delivered to the job site.
▪ The job site is then prepped and staged for installation.
▪ Installation begins:
• Rails are installed in hoist way.
• Piston is installed.
• Sling is installed, all guides are installed on the sling.
• Next, Oil is added, pressure system is added to set piston projections. Following that, the ropes are attached to shackles to create a running platform.
• Ropes are shortened to match tension. Platform is landed to sling.
• Following, the landings are then built.
• Next, the doors on each floor are assembled.
• After, all the wiring for the hall calls are completed.
• Cab interior is then assembled.
• Walls are secured and cab ceiling is installed. Following lights are hung in the cab interior.
• Gate doors are then installed.
• All elevator electrical is then completed.
▪ Installation process is complete. Elevator is tested to ensure proper operation.
▪ State inspection was completed. Upon completion, elevator was turned over to building for normal operation.